Department of Clinical Pharmacology
Number of views: 2723
The Department of Clinical Pharmacology was organized in 2021 according to the Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 575n dated November 2, 2012 "On approval of the Procedure for providing medical care in the profile "clinical pharmacology" on the basis of the clinical and pharmacological service that existed in the MRCCB since 2002.
This is one of the youngest departments of the hospital, which united doctors-clinical pharmacologists of the multidisciplinary hospital of the Republican Hospital and the Perinatal Center.
In June 2009, on the basis of the State Medical Institution of the Republic of Moldova, the Mordovian Republican Center for Monitoring the Safety of Medicines, headed by the clinical pharmacologist E.N. Gudova, was organized and successfully operates.
The Department of Clinical Pharmacology was established in order to improve the effectiveness and safety of treatment of patients, including pregnant women, newborn children, children with low and extremely low body weight born in early pregnancy, in the divisions of the State Medical Institution of the RM "MRCCB", as well as to optimize the activities of the medical organization in the field of drug provision.
The main directions of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology:
- Advisory support of pharmacotherapy prescribed to patients in the departments of the State Medical Institution of the RM «MRCCB » and a personalized approach to the treatment of patients in part:
- selection of drugs, methods of their administration and use, dosage regimen in special groups of patients, taking into account changes in the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs:
- in patients with impaired kidney and/or liver function,
- in newborns, including those born in the early stages of pregnancy,
- in elderly and senile patients,
- in women during pregnancy or during breastfeeding;
- prescribing rational antimicrobial therapy, selection and correction of therapy in the detection of pathogens resistant to antimicrobial drugs;
- identification of adverse interactions of drugs with each other, with other drugs taken by the patient independently, with food, alcohol and determination of further treatment tactics;
- detection and prevention of polypragmasia (simultaneous administration of 5 or more drugs), irrational use of drugs;
- prevention of the development of adverse reactions when using medications and correction of treatment with the development of an adverse reaction;
- correction of treatment when detecting the use of drugs that worsen the course of concomitant diseases and conditions, as well as drugs whose effectiveness has not been proven during clinical trials;
- suspicion of the presence and/or identification of pharmacogenetic features of the patient.
- Antimicrobial resistance monitoring, implementation of measures to rationalize the use of antimicrobial drugs, containment of antibiotic resistance in the hospital, control of nosocomial infections, implementation of the Antimicrobial Therapy Strategy and Control program.
- Organization and implementation of the work of the Formulary Commission on the formation and improvement of Formulary lists of medicines recommended for use in the hospital in accordance with the list of VED, clinical recommendations, taking into account the standards of medical care at the level corresponding to modern requirements of evidence-based medicine.
- Monitoring of the safety of medicines and the safety of the circulation of medical devices in structural units, registration and timely transmission of information about adverse side effects of medicines and adverse events in the use of medical devices.
- Organization of internal quality control and safety of circulation of medicines and medical devices in the departments, conducting regular audits.
- Organization and conduct of pharmaco-epidemiological and pharmaco-economic analyses for the purpose of rational use of financial resources (ABC-/VEN-analysis, DDD methodology).
- Determination of the range and volume of purchases of medicines and medical devices in accordance with approved standards of medical care and formulary lists.
- Participation in the work of the Medical Commission.
- Organization of medical care within the framework of clinical testing of methods of prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Organization of work of the Department of clinical pharmacology as a base of educational institutions of secondary, higher and additional professional education.
Doctors of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology annually take part in congresses, symposiums and scientific conferences in various fields of therapy, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, participate in the work of professional associations.
The department works:
Gvozdeva Olga Filippovna, Head of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology, clinical pharmacologist of the first qualification category, chief freelance specialist in clinical pharmacology of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Mordovia, has the gratitude of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. Work experience in the specialty since 2009.
Ekaterina Nikolaevna Gudova, clinical pharmacologist, head of the MRCMBLS, was awarded a diploma of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Mordovia. Work experience in the specialty since 2002.